Friday

QEST


Here's a little update on me for QEST Magazine, QEST is the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust which funds artists and craftspeople to develop their skills. The money is raised from Royal Warrant Holders (companies that feature a crest on their packaging indicating that their product is used in the royal household) and I was lucky to become a Queen Elizabeth Scholar in 2007 when I went to study illustration at ARU. QEST is the most A M A Z I N G organisation, offering life changing opportunities for creative people, I popped into their offices again yesterday to catch up with the team and they are unendingly kind and supportive of all the scholars. It's such an honour to be part of a network of very inspiring, creative scholars all over the country. 

Yesterday I was in London for lots of meetings, but I managed to squeeze in some exhibitions, I saw Silke Otto-Knapp's exhibition at Camden Arts Centre, beautiful black and silver watercolour and gouache paintings on canvas, and a wall of etchings. Rachel Howard's glossy, layered paintings at Blain Southern and the incredible Klee retrospective at Tate Modern (go go go! it finishes on Sat so be quick!) In the evening I went to 'Rhyme and Reason reflections on Climate Change' at the LSE organised by Cape Farewell and the Grantham Institute, there were talks, poetry recitals and a slam event. I really enjoyed Deanna Rodgers piece exploring the relationship between love and darkness through the question, “why aren’t London’s lights ever switched off", I think it premiered last night so I can't find it online, but she's performing it again tonight at the Albany so if you can make it GO!

Have a great weekend (I'll be at my etching class again on Saturday!) and I'll be back next week to share what I'm up to x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

www.techno2all.com