Wednesday

Glamour Magazine












Here's some new work created for Glamour Magazine (out now May 14 edition). It was such a lovely commission to illustrate an article about agony aunts, drawing directly onto the envelopes (including fake postal marks) which were then photographed for the magazine. They sent me lots of envelopes and gorgeous stamps ready to illustrate the piece:



I had a great time drawing these, and particularly enjoyed working on all the different typography! It's so great to see them in print and so unusual for me to create original artwork for an editorial brief - I was so nervous that they'd get lost in the post that I delivered them to Glamour by hand!

I'm having a long day in the studio to make up for skiving off yesterday in the sunshine. I went to see the new show at The Saatchi Gallery, The Glamour of Italian Fashion, and the Jameel Prize 3 at the V&A followed by The Winter's Tale by the Royal Ballet - a really inspiring day!

I'm currently juggling illustrating packaging for Cafedirect, with drawings for BBC Antiques Roadshow, BBC Countryfile, Eton Natural History Museum and the large installation for Hackney phew! Tomorrow I'm off to the Bookclub at The South Bank Centre (we're discussing Under The Net by Iris Murdock) and on Friday I managed to bag the very last (standing!) ticket to see poet Kate Tempest read her long form poem Brand New Ancients accompanied by a live score. I'll be up drawing early and late to bed to squeeze everything in this week before the chocolate festival on Sunday.

Have a lovely week (fingers crossed this glorious sunshine stays!) x

No comments: