Thursday

Harvey Nichols Christmas Windows 2014





Hello!

My illustrated window for Coutts is now FINISHED! it launches at 440 Strand in London (opposite Charing Cross Station) on the 1st December and I am so excited to show it to you! 

Until then I wanted to share some new drawings commissioned earlier this year for Harvey Nichols. Their wonderful 'Into the Woods' Christmas scheme has now launched and late summer I designed a range of creatures for them to help inform the mannequin characters. I was inspired by texture, a lot of tinsel, pom-poms, pipe cleaners, feathers, wire wool, metallics and bright colours. It was a COMPLETELY different commission from the type of work I usually do, and I loved the challenge and opportunity to be given such an open and interesting brief. My favourite character is the top one, with giant pom-pom ears, feathered arms and hairy feet!

Yesterday I spent the day in London visiting Grayson Perry's stunning exhibition at NPG The National Portrait Gallery, and the Egon Schiele show at the Courtauld. Both shows are incredible, and the NPG one is free so do go if you can, the Courtauld one is about £8 and this includes entry to their magnificent collection which is a bargain!

After such an intense month working on the Coutts window, I'm heading off for a long weekend to Suffolk for a well earned rest (and to celebrate my 17 year anniversary with Steve HURRAH!). I've packed magazines, books, a sketchbook and some new Japanese pens. and I'm looking forward to lazy days of reading and long walks on the beach!

Have a fantastic weekend, and I'll be back next week with new work for Eton Natural History Museum x

No comments: