Tuesday

2014 round up

Hello all!

I hope that your Christmas was happy and merry, I've had the greatest time with friends and family and I'm now getting stupidly excited about a brand new year just around the corner. I just wanted to take a moment to pause and reflect on my favourite commissions from 2014, I've been so busy all year and had the most fantastic opportunities and so here are just a few of my best bits...

JANUARY
My favourite job in January was this drawing for Countryfile Magazine...



FEBRUARY
In February I loved completing a big editorial job for Glamour Magazine, creating illustrated envelopes which were photographed to illustrate an article about agony aunts...


MARCH
I loved capturing the texture of this crab and lobster for an article about glucosamine for Holland & Barrett...



APRIL
In April I created these blue and white pottery illustrations for BBC Antiques Roadshow, I particularly loved drawing the willow pattern plate as my Gran used to have plates just like this...


MAY
In May my book Fearless Drawing launched...



JUNE
June saw me complete a new botanical commission for Virgin Airways...


... and return to Squam USA to teach drawing (I'll be back again in 2015)....



JULY
In July I undertook a short artist residency at The Nordic Watercolour Museum in Sweden...


AUG
In August my illustrated windows for Harvey Nichols were launched in their Bristol store...





SEPT
September was a fantastic month as new Phaidon book 'What to Bake and How to Bake it' was published featuring lots of my illustrations...



...I also visited the Millenium Gallery in Sheffield to run a drawing workshop based on exercises from 'Fearless Drawing'...


OCTOBER
In October I loved drawing echinacea for Holland & Barrett...


...I also begun my year long artist residency funded by Ted Baker, working in the plant molecular science department of Royal Holloway University...






NOV
In November the Harvey Nichols Christmas campaign launched, and so I was able to share my commissioned designs which helped to inform their window displays...



...my new illustrated museum trail for Eton Natural History Museum also launched this month...


 

DEC
Finally (and obviously!) I wanted to share my illustrated Christmas windows for Coutts 440 Strand London which will remain in place until the end of the year. It really was the most ambitious and exciting project to finish 2014!...








I am so excited about what 2015 will bring, until then enjoy the last celebrations of 2014 - Happy New Year and I'll see you on the other side... x


No comments: