Friday

Retail Focus press




Hello and a giant belated HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am so happy to be back in the studio, I had the most wonderful break with friends and family, but my favourite thing to do spend all my time drawing in the studio! I've got so many exciting ideas for 2015 and lots of exciting (and secret) things in the pipeline.

On Thursday I went to view Michael Landy's 12 life sized etchings of weeds called Nourishment at the Tate Prints and Drawings room. They are SO beautifully detailed and inspiring, and it was such a pleasure to have the opportunity to study them at my own pace in such an intimate way. I then managed to catch the Late Turner show whilst I was there, which was BEAUTIFUL and made me rush home and pull out my watercolours. It finishes on the 25th Jan so do visit if you can, as it's a giant, exceptional and exciting show.

For this week I just wanted to share some recent press for Retail Focus where I was interviewed about the effect of illustration within retail environments. here's a little excerpt from the article, have a great week!...

"Kerry Lemon has racked up an impressive portfolio of clients, including Liberty, Harvey Nichols and Fortnum & Mason. She was asked to create a scheme for Harvey Nichols' London flagship during London Fashion Week. This was then taken to Scotland for the Edinburgh Festival before arriving in Bristol. 'I was commissioned to create a scheme inspired by British wildlife with a slight sinister edge, achieved by the monochrome pallet and the scale of the animals next to the mannequins,' explains Lemon. 'I used cut rather than printed vinyl, and for the London scheme I spent three days in-store creating hand painted details to the windows and backdrops.'

She's just completed a huge 25m x 12m illustrated window scheme for Coutts at 440 Strand in London, which launched in December. 'I relish the challenge of these big projects and couldn't wait to see it installed!

'Lots of stores use cheap stock vector illustrations, or blown up photos from their look books, but commissioned illustration offers bespoke artwork. This allows brands to demonstrate their creativity and tap into the trend for the handmade, unique and artist-led. It allows clients to really stand apart from their competitors and create a buzz for the space, particularly when paired with a live art element and social media campaign.'"

No comments: