Wednesday

Grist wrap cover


Hello!

Here's a new wrap around cover for Grist to illustrate a lead feature on the implications of a 24/7 NHS system, I loved drawing the texture on the moon!

I'm having such a great week, completely inspired and consumed by my residency, on Monday I was extracting the DNA from three plant strains to explore mutant genes! I'm also starting lots of new wonderful drawing projects, camomile flowers for Holland & Barrett and an adults colouring book on Birds of Paradise (dream job!) for Templar Publishing. Did you see the AMAZING Attenborough BBC documentary on these birds last week? (sorry I think only viewers in the UK can access it but the link is here) x

Yesterday I visited the Pump House Gallery to see their current exhibition The First Humans, and really liked Andy Harper's work. Today I had another meeting at Savill Garden who have been incredible supportive of my residency, I'll be shadowing their gardeners to learn more about propagation techniques and I'm really excited! On Friday I'm really lucky to have a ticket to see PJ Harvey's Artangel project at Somerset House so I'm really looking forward to that.

I've also been booking more sketchbook trips for 2015, next up is Bruges and Brussels in March so if anyone has any tips for great things to see and do I'd love to hear them!

Have a fantastic week and I hope to be able to share more (currently top secret!) projects soon x

No comments: