Thursday

Waitrose Kitchen




Hello! Today it really feels like Spring, it's sunny and warm(ish!) and the gardens are full of daffodils, primrose, crocus, and the last of the snowdrops. I'm hard at work on my Birds of Paradise book for Templar, enjoying the sunny studio and drinking copious amounts of earl grey tea! Yesterday I had the most incredible opportunity to visit The Millennium Seed Bank in Sussex where Wolfgang Stuppy (Kew's expert on seed and fruit anatomy and morphology and author) very kindly gave me a private behind the scenes tour and answered my endless bumbling questions. It was so inspiring and exciting and I really couldn't believe my luck! My residency has led to so many interesting and often unexpected meetings and so many people have and continue to be incredible generous with their time.

Last night I went to Sadlers Wells to see the English National Ballet's Modern Masters. It was the very first piece that has stayed with me, Petite Mort by Jiří Kylián’s featuring six men, six women, and six fencing foils, just totally spellbinding. It was the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning!

Tomorrow I'm off to Brighton to collect a new dress from the geniuses at Dig For Victory (I cannot wait to show it to you!) and on Sunday I'm off to the Barbican to see their conservatory and their new exhibition 'Magnificent Obsessions : The Artist as Collector'.

Above are some images I created for Waitrose Kitchen Magazine, I'm now off to make myself a pasta lunch very similar to the top image!

Have a great day and I hope that it's sunny where you are!

No comments: