Friday

Holland & Barrett


Morning, I've had THE MOST AMAZING week,, there's so much to share with you! Last weekend I went to Oxford for the day to meet up with the lovely Rachel Coopey and Jeni Hewlett two fantastic women that I met at Squam USA earlier this month. We went to the Oxford Botanic Garden which I HIGHLY recommend, it looks REALY beautiful at this time of year, and then popped into Modern Art Oxford and The Ashmolean.

On Monday I went to Cambridge University to the Haseloff Lab which explores synthetic biology with a focus on plants. I was visiting as part of my Artist in Residence activities (more info on that  here) and the team were incredibly helpful in helping me to understand the current research related to my activities. I squeezed in a quick visit to ARU where I studied illustration with the lovely Martin Salisbury, a zip around the Cambridge Botanic Gardens and a lovely meal with Mandy (a wonderful illustrator and friend from my days at ARU)

On Tuesday I was off to the Olympic Park, and then vegan afternoon tea at The Secret Tea Room in Soho. Wednesday saw me speaking about my large scale installation work at an event organised by Yo Illo and hosted by Ustwo. (The talented Rob Cartwright was taking photos so I'll show you some images from the event soon!) Yesterday I was back in the studio working on a new commission for The Chelsea Physic Garden and today Ted Baker (the funder for my residency project) are coming to film me in my studio (hence last nights manic tidy up session!) 

Next week has lots more exciting things on the way, I'm spending Wednesday at the Chelsea Physic Garden learning about the old technique of Nature Printing, and on Friday I'm going to visit David Austin Roses in Wolverhampton to learn more about their breeding programmes. I think the sight and smell of their BEAUTIFUL roses on mass will be completely intoxicating!

Image above is of the Baobab fruit for Holland & Barrett, I've got really behind in sharing all my work for them so expect a deluge over the next few weeks!

Have a great weekend xxx

No comments: