Tuesday

Warehaus

Hello! I'm so excited to show you my new work for a mixed use development in London Fields called Warehaus created by Lynas Architects and Union Developments. I began working on this project a few years ago, and it really has been the most amazing commission. I was given complete freedom to explore subject matter, material and location, and after lots of thought I was very inspired by the proposed glass bottomed swimming pool on the roof of the development and the wildflower garden surrounding it...




I wanted to create botanical artworks inspired by the plants that grow around natural water sources in the UK (ie, yellow iris, bullrush etc). As the development was to have an art deco feel, I elected to work with laser cut brass (and the wonderful company Cut-Tec) to create bespoke door panels and a huge 18 x 6 meter installation for the atrium...






Here is the full design for the wallpiece, the light is refracted through the water in the swimming pool and creates wonderful patterns across the water lilies...



Each of the door panels are uniquely numbered, and sandwiched between clear and opaque glass panels to enable privacy and light for the residents...




I am so proud of this project and so happy that I can finally share it with you here! All of the photographs are taken by the highly recommended camera wizard Steve Peskett x

No comments: