Wednesday

Talks


Hello!

Last week I gave two talks, one at Westminster University to their Illustration students and a CPD talk to Flanagan Lawrence Architects, (the image above of me jabbering on was taken by the lovely Rob Cartwright). 

It's still totally manic in the studio, catching up from my travels to India and Morocco in October. I'm working on a range of AMAZING projects at the moment, most of them top secret (booo), but I can tell you that I've finished the Christmas card for the Historic Royal Palaces (Kensington Palace, Tower of London etc etc) and I've nearly finished my kitchen range for Marks & Spencer too - I can't wait to show you them!

I'm currently learning about developmental biology on my Artist in Residence project at Royal Holloway. It's fascinating and impossibly difficult in equal measures, it's really informing my work in the studio. This term I've been working on some larger pieces,  if you keep an eye on my Instagram account you can see some sneak peeks.

Next Monday I'll be teaching drawing at The Hoxton (Mon 30th Nov 6.30-8.30pm) based on my book Fearless Drawing. All abilities are very welcome and it will be a super fun taster session. I think there's only two places left at the moment so if you'd like to come book here!

There's so many incredible exhibitions on at the moment so if you're in/ around London I really recommend; Susan Derges at Purdy Hicks, Cy Twombly at the new Gagosian and Irving Penn's Flowers at Hamiltons Gallery. If you're in Somerset I REALLY recommend a trip to the current exhibition at Hauser & Wirth, they also have a nice restaurant on site, and the little village where it's situated (Bruton) is a great place to spend the weekend!

OK, back to the drawing board (literally!) x

No comments: